Cloudlfare in Texas, new locations are added to improve their already great network; and this time was choosen for McAllen, Texas for the 119th Data Center Cloudflare operates from.
Five key facts to know about McAllen, Texas
- McAllen, Texas is on the southern tip of the Rio Grande Valley
- The city is named after John McAllen, who provided land in 1904 to bring the St. Louis, Brownsville & Mexico Railway railway into the area
- McAllen, Texas is named the City of Palms
- The border between Mexico and the USA is less than nine miles away from the data center
- McAllen, Texas is where Cloudflare Texas has placed its 119th data center
Cloudflare has plenty of datacenter presence in South America, however Panama is the only datacenter theyhave operating within Central America. That means that Cloudflare still have to work on Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua. But there’s one more place Cloudflare need to deploy into in order to move the Mexican story forward and that’s Mexico City and from what we did hear this will be soon.
Read more about the McAllen, Texas Cloudflare adventure here.