WordPress is a popular content management system, so it’s no surprise that cybercriminals are increasingly targeting it with malware attacks. Website owners need to keep their WordPress installations up to date and use only verified plugins and themes. Doing so will help protect them from these types of attacks.
Please read the full article here.
Currently, the following plugins for wordpress (if outdated) may be compromised by the newly discovered malware:
- WP Live Chat Support Plugin
- WordPress – Yuzo Related Posts
- Yellow Pencil Visual Theme Customizer Plugin
- WP GDPR Compliance Plugin
- Newspaper Theme on WordPress Access Control (vulnerability CVE-2016-10972)
- Thim Core
- Google Code Inserter
- Total Donations Plugin
- Post Custom Templates Lite
- WP Quick Booking Manager
- Faceboor Live Chat by Zotabox
- Blog Designer WordPress Plugin
- WordPress Ultimate FAQ (vulnerabilities CVE-2019-17232 and CVE-2019-17233)
- WP-Matomo Integration (WP-Piwik)
- WordPress ND Shortcodes For Visual Composer
- WP Live Chat
- Coming Soon Page and Maintenance Mode
and in the latest version the following have been added:
- Brizy WordPress Plugin
- FV Flowplayer Video Player
- WordPress Coming Soon Page
- WordPress theme OneTone
- Simple Fields WordPress Plugin
- WordPress Delucks SEO plugin
- Poll, Survey, Form & Quiz Maker by OpinionStage
- Social Metrics Tracker
- WPeMatico RSS Feed Fetcher
- Rich Reviews plugin
Inevitably, malicious software will become more sophisticated as it develops and evolves. As such, the only sure way to safeguard your website is to stay vigilant and swiftly update WordPress, plugins, or themes whenever available updates are released.
At 040hosting, we provide our customers with the most comprehensive security solution available for their WordPress websites — imunify360 — so that they can rest assured knowing their sites are safe from malicious attacks like the one Doctor Web recently discovered.
Nevertheless, the most prudent move for any customer or WordPress user is to always ensure their websites remain up-to-date.